Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sadness :(

I just found out my neighbor's dog died. She was very old and very sick. Sophie was also a very sweet dog, and so cute too. I saw them take her for a very short walk on Tuesday and then put her in their car and leave and I just had this sinking feeling. So today I saw my neighbor in her yard and decided to go talk to her. She confirmed that they had had to put Sophie to sleep and started crying. I cried too. We talked for some time which was nice. I gave her a hug and told her to come over if she ever felt lonely. It's hard when we lose a loved one, human or animal. Sometimes our pets are all we have. I know I would be devastated if I lost either of my two cats, and I would even be sad if our dog died. My neighbor commented on how she didn't realize how much she loved Sophie until she was gone. Isn't it sad how we can never fully appreciate something until it's gone? I think I'm going to go pet my kitties and tell them I love them.

Rest in peace sweet Sophie  ♥

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...